What you’ll be doing...
The Infrastructure Security Engineer will be joining Verizon’s Security Event Services. This group provides leadership for the design, engineering and implementation of security event data collection for Verizon Communications related to Incident Response, Threat Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, and Operations. These programs pertain to the data identification, assessment, ingestion, normalization and enrichment activities required for Verizon’s security operations centers to do proper detection and analytics of threats and response.
- Drives technical design standards on how and what data to collect into Verizon security data ingestion platform.
- Leads technical design, engineering and implementation of data ingestion platform including but not limited to indexing, retention, alerting and monitoring.
- Leads design and implementation of role-based access provisioning to allow application, operational and security teams to review and leverage data.
- Develops key reporting statistics and tracking measures across the infrastructure platforms to show data ingestion progress, data effectiveness and future capacity planning requirements.
- Coordinates and reports the accomplishment of project initiatives across the stakeholder groups providing consulting and guidance on how to drive business results from the data available.
- Provides ad-hoc support to Executive Management when required to perform risk analysis, data analysis and data protection. Provides periodic and timely metrics as required.
- Coordinates project needs with different stakeholders within Verizon including IT, Operations, Applications, Infrastructures and Security for proper roadmap planning.
- Leads coordination and consensus with other Verizon Business Unit security teams to align processes and procedures to ensure common approach to data event collection activities.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in information security.
- Experience within IT operations, application and/or infrastructure support including coding, scripting and working with data sources such as databases.
- Experience working with AWS or comparable cloud provider.
- Experience working with Splunk or comparable data ingestion platform.
Even better if you have:
- Master's Degree in information security, cyber security, computer science or a related field.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly explain highly complex issues to senior executives.
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to peers or senior executives.
- Ability to negotiate when warranted, in order to work with other teams.
- Ability to grasp and assess “big picture” issues and bring them to light in order to foster positive change for a more robust data ingestion platform and process.
- Splunk Admin Certified or Higher.
- AWS Certified.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8011328-infrastructure-security-engineer
• Post ID: 41733227 tampa