Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa is the premier entertainment destination of Central Florida and the place where celebrities love to stay and play. Owned and operated by the Seminole Tribe of Florida, this electrifying casino destination is one of the most successful and largest casinos in the world and is located in Tampa, Florida off of I-4 at North Orient Road and Hillsborough Avenue, between I-75 and I-275, about 10 minutes east of downtown Tampa. Featuring high stakes table games along with thousands of the hottest slot machines, the rock star amenities at this AAA Four Diamond rated hotel and casino range from seven award-winning Zagat-rated restaurants, a newly renovated Rock Spa and VIP services galore. The casino offers a valet service or free, self-parking.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of cashiering functions.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures
- Manages cage inventory to include Chip Bank, Main Bank, Marker Bank, Vault, Kiosk, Jackpot, and Poker Cage
- Deals directly with customer concerns/complaints as required within jurisdiction
- Ensures all regulatory requirements are followed
- Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, appraises and supervises all directly assigned personnel
- Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required as well as one (1) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must also have one (1) year of cage, banking and/or cashiering experience, and one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide by fractions, whole numbers, and decimals
- Ability to calculate interest, commission, and percentages as it applies to job functions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with staff as well as patrons. Required to become proficient with department specific computer programs
- Must also have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the back of house of the casino, which can be fast-paced with excessive noise. Also, there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move a minimum of 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Native American Preference Policy:
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
Seminole Gaming's employment process requires candidates to obtain gaming licensure by successfully completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to beginning employment. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
• Post ID: 30445533 tampa