What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work on a diverse range of complex problems and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the End User Support function for network systems as it relates to the provisioning of Ethernet and other services over the newest network elements in Verizon’s inventory. You will develop an ITIL compliant support plan using ServiceNow as the trouble ticketing system. You will also engage and integrate IT Development support using the AYS/Jira interface to hand off tickets as needed.
Initially, you will provide End User Support for network systems using the support environment that you develop. Eventually, you will establish a tier 1 triage function and transition support duties to that team. You will also be responsible to train other EUS personnel on the methods for supporting network systems.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Holding regular calls with system users to prioritize software bug issues.
- Project managing the implementation software fixes to address the highest priority bug issues.
- Receiving, tracking and resolving trouble tickets from users in ServiceNow.
- Identifying root cause software problems based upon repetitive user support tickets.
- Coordinating development and supporting groups to address complex issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Network Technologies (engineering & provisioning).
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC, JIRA and ServiceNow.
- Solid Project Management skills.
- Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with management, users and developers both onshore and offshore.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8002127-senior-systems-engineer
• Post ID: 41732847 tampa