What you’ll be doing...
A Cyber Threat SIEM Architecture and Administration analyst plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts are considered thought leaders, willing to mentor and advise others, and drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization. This position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
Responsibilities for the SIEM Architecture Analyst of the Verizon Threat Management Center:
• Provides direct administration and ownership of SIEM and Data Platform technologies to include configuration, access controls, tuning, integration, and continuous improvement activities
• Works with Information Technology tools and concepts (Firewalls, data flows, Proxy, etc.)
• Collaborates with the Threat Management Center (TMC) to provide advanced functionality within current toolsets
• Coordinates integration capabilities with internal TMC and external Verizon networking/toolset groups
• Leverages Verizon policies and industry best-practice concepts to ensure proper integration design and integration of SIEM infrastructure
• Identifies innovative capabilities leveraging existing Verizon security resources and tools
• Provides leadership and guidance to enhance and advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise
What we’re looking for...
•Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience
•Two or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
•Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
•Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
•Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
•Previous experience working with Database products
•Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of IT infrastructure related to cyber threats (IDS, HIDS, Firewall, Proxy, etc.)
•Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
•Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners
•Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
•Effective verbal and written communication skills.
•Bachelor degree in a related discipline
•Two or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced, but still a learner with influencing responsibility on junior team members.
•Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GCED, GCIA, and GNFA) a plus
•Certification associated to SIEM Vendor technologies a plus
•Exhibits initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
•Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7999486-cyber-threat-siem-analyst
• Post ID: 41733242 tampa