What you’ll be doing...
This is a technical managerial position. We are seeking a tech savvy individual who is self-motivated and a self-starter with a positive can do attitude. This position requires focus on development solutions to support the SDN/NFV technology for Verizon customers.
- Identify emerging and disruptive technology vendors, products, and solutions for system integration.
- Provide strategic direction and thought leadership for driving technology transformation through strategic vendor partnerships.
- Enable an agile and simplified onboarding process for emerging solution integration.
- Lead the development and deep experience in software development with technologies (IoT, M2M, 5G, Dev Ops, Cloud, Agile) and provide key strategic insights.
- Use data analytics and make strategic decisions regarding trends in technology and services to implement change within Verizon.
- Present recommendations to senior leadership
- Manage an IT staff of developers.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Software development experience, including API development (REST, XML, etc.) and SOA methodology.
- Knowledge of the SDLC in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile Development, continuous integration and automation testing.
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl or TeamCity.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc.
- Knowledge of current IT systems, software, cloud and Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Virtual Network Services (VNF).
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree or an MBA.
- Working knowledge in machine learning techniques, distributive computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.) and Hadoop.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Deep understanding of networks, new emerging network concepts and network virtualization.
- Demonstrated Architectural Leadership (applications, virtualization, security, network) and DevOps experience, preferably a blend of wireless and wireline technologies.
- Knowledge of current technologies, suppliers, challenges and emerging architectures needed to drive transformation.
- Experience working with business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Expert in creating business case, use cases, storytelling and driving change.
- Ability to effectively match internal needs with new supplier’s capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision.
- Advance user of MS applications, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of software delivery models like micro services, methodologies, roadmaps driving change.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7618646-sdn-nfv-manager
• Post ID: 40477083 tampa