What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Manager of the Network and Technology SDN/NFV Quality Engineering team is a part of the Corporate Network & Technology organization. This management role will primarily be responsible for the certification of the Verizon Orchestration platforms and VNFs.
You will have direct responsibility for the orchestration testing, functional testing, and performance testing for each of the orchestration platforms and VNFs in our strategic and marketing plan. The Quality Engineering test platform represents a component of a larger strategic virtualization and automation effort. You will guide a team of engineers to ensure that the orchestrators and VNFs integrate with various automation architecture components inclusive of wireline, wireless, enterprise for any/all testing tool chains.
This team will also partner with the Maintenance Engineering teams and development organizations to ensure that the orchestrators feature roadmap remains compatible with enhancements within all facets of the infrastructure inclusive of Open-Stack upgrades, SDN controller enhancements, switching fabric deployments, routing and firewall policy changes, RBAC and CPI-810 compliance.
You will drive a team that interfaces extensively with many functions within the business including internal and external system architects, product line managers, IT BSS and OSS architects, partner and vendor constituents and a variety of both business and technical organizations spanning Verizon’s enterprise.
- Analyze and align with new operational models that evolve as a result of the benefits of an SDN-enabled environment.
- Manage cross-functional teams comprised of wireless and wire line and enterprise services, Inclusive of IT, Network and broader Verizon organizations.
- Develop and adopt key methodologies to harness and embrace DevOps standards and practices and incorporate these activities into day-to-day operations.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Maintenance Engineering and Development on creating a solid test automation framework for SDN/NFV.
- Partner with all LOBs on model development and gain consensus on approaches and benefits associated with DevOps and other SDN-enabled operations models;
- Ensure that all identified benefits create a “best in class” cost structure that affords Verizon the opportunities to redirect funds to areas of high growth and high return on investment.
- Ability to clearly, articulate ideas, concepts, and status to senior-level personnel both internally and externally.
- Create competitive analyses and demonstrate a firm understanding of the technology marketplace.
- Proven ability to shape transformation strategies and drive innovative thinking.
- Manage peer group communications and strategic imperatives.
- Facilitate all cross-LOB related operations reviews and executive communication.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Wireless/ wireline experience.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD, Selenium, Robot, Jmeter, QTP, API Frameworks, and jBehave
- Experience with White Box, Performance, Negative, Risk Based, Regression Automation, and Progression Automation.
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Openstack Service API’s, Linux/Unix Administration experience.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of SND/Orchestration standards and industry specification ETSI/MANO etc.
- Hands-on experience with Open source cloud technologies.
- Experience assessing and transforming legacy processes.
- Ability to negotiate win-win solutions to complex technical concepts with the broader Verizon organizations.
- Ability to articulate all aspects of our automation program to engineering and executive levels.
- Effectively manage an ecosystem of partners to ensure the solution continues to evolve to deliver on our overall automation strategy.
- Awareness of SDN/NFV and virtualization standards bodies to drive orchestration towards the open source community.
- Experience leading people.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, project management, presentation and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in engaging and influencing large teams and executive leaders.
- Proven track record to meet deadlines and to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Familiarity with network device configuration and management (E.G Juniper, Cisco) with Netconf network configuration protocol and Yang Modeling.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7116055-it-quality-assurance-manager
• Post ID: 38165548 tampa