Agency: Department of Education
Working Title: DOE/VR - VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR - 48004457
Salary: $2,575.19 - $3,422.75 (Monthly)
Posting Closing Date: 03/18/2018
DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
LOCATION: Tampa Unit 15B
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR
Position Number: 48004457
Minimum Hiring Salary: $2,575.19 Monthly*
*The salary may be negotiable dependent upon years of experience, education level and available salary rate.
Information contained in responses toQualifying Questions concerning education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilitiesmust also be disclosed on the Applicant Profile submitted on People First.
This Advertisement may be used to fill current and future vacancies for up to 6 months.
Preference may be given to qualified applicants with valid CRC certification. For additional information about CRC: (link removed)
Gaps of employment of 3 months or more must be addressed on the application and each field (address, city and state, dates, phone numbers, etc.) must be completed. Periods of employment should be entered with the most recent/current listed first.
Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers. Our Mission is "to help people with disabilities find and maintain employment and enhance their independence." Our Vision is "to become the first place people with disabilities turn when seeking employment and a top resource for employers in need of qualified employees."
This position works in the Tampa Unit 15B (School to Work) as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Attainment of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study reasonably related to vocational rehabilitation, to indicate a level of competency and skill demonstrating basic preparation in a field of study such as: vocational rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, disability studies, business administration, human resources, special education, supported employment, customized employment, economics, other field that reasonable prepares individuals to work with consumers and employers.
Years of Experience:
For each year of work experience required in the qualifications, an applicant shall have 12 months of full-time work experience to receive credit for an entire year.
Bachelors degree plus not less than 1 year of paid or unpaid experience consisting of:
- direct work with individuals with disabilities in a setting such as an independent living center
- direct service for advocacy activities that provide such individual with experience and skills in working with individuals with disabilities
- direct experience as an employer
- direct experience as a small business owner or operator
- direct experience in self employment
- experience in human resources
- experience in recruitment
- experience in supervising employees
- experience in training
- experience in other activities that provide experience in competitive integrated employment environments
Attainment of a Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in the field of study such as: vocational rehabilitation counseling, law, social work, psychology, disability studies, business administration, human resources, special education, or another field that reasonably provides confidence in the employment sector, in a disability field, or both business-related and rehabilitation related fields.
Years of Experience: No work experience is required with an advanced degree listed above.
This position is responsible for providing professional vocational rehabilitation counseling to a diversity of disabilities in order that they may attain employment and for providing and coordinating services. The incumbent of this position will access client information, maintain case records, produce correspondence, and perform other automated functions within the scope of the positions responsibilities.
Assesses medical, psychological, and vocational information to determine eligibility for services. Develops, with full participation of the customer with a disability, an individualized Plan for Employment to determine employment outcomes.
Conducts in-depth interviews of individuals with disabilities requiring rehabilitation strategies to determine eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services and the feasibility for achieving an employment outcome.
Provides professional vocational rehabilitation counseling to individuals with a diversity of disabilities in order that they may attain appropr4iate employment outcomes. Provides information to assist individuals with disabilities in making informed choices regarding services, service providers, and employment outcomes. Authorized, coordinates and/or negotiates services leading to successful employment outcomes. Negotiates with individuals with disabilities regarding plan development.
Develops and utilizes job placement opportunities to assist eligible individuals with disabilities to obtain appropriate employment. Develops employer contacts and serves as liaison with employers. Provides selective job development and placement. Collaborates with team members in placement activities. Utilizes the resources of community rehabilitation providers in securing appropriate job placement for eligible individuals with disabilities.
Manages resources to ensure financial accountability according to state and federal regulations.
Collaborates with community partners to assure appropriate use of available resources.
Participates in training experiences designed to enhance professional competency in vocational rehabilitation.
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Employee must be productive under tight timeframes, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-directed behavior and performance sometimes under stressful conditions; the employee must interact courteously with others; employees performance and behavior must demonstrate4 consideration of the workload of others and must not negatively affect productivity and morale of the unit.
Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the theories and techniques of counseling
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of the methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data
- Knowledge of medical and psychological aspects of disability groups
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Ability to interview clients in order to determine eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze medical and psychological data
- Ability to provide counseling and guidance in the area of career planning
- Ability to develop individual vocational rehabilitation programs
- Ability to assess test results
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to use and analyze information from the management information system.
- Ability to understand and use State and Federal vocational rehabilitation regulations and policies.
- Ability to use automated systems.
STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- State of Florida Retirement - 3% Employee Contribution Required
- 10 Paid Holidays annually
- 104 Hours of Paid Annual Leave annually
- 104 Hours of Paid Sick Leave annually
- Health Insurance for Individual or Family Coverage State pays 80% of premium
- Life Insurance State payspremium for$25,000 basic term life insuranceforfull time employee
- Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, vision, etc.
- Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Accounts available
Insurance benefits information can be found on the following websites:
Insurance Benefits: (link removed)
Background Screening Requirement:
It is the policy of the Florida Department of Education that applicants for employment undergo level 2 employment screening in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 435, Florida Statutes, as a condition of employment or being permitted to serve as a volunteer.
All applicants for employment or to volunteer who are selected for an interview will be provided with the Consent to Background Screening form for level 2 screening, the Affidavit of Good Moral Character, and the Notice of Rights. The leading candidate for employment or to volunteer will be required to execute the Consent form and Affidavit, report to a designate
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 47945487 tampa