Finance and Administration - Real Estate Services Project Analyst Intern -Tampa (Summer 2017) -
Deloitte is seeking a high performing candidate to join our Real Estate Services group as an intern in our Strategy, Planning & Operations (SP&O) team. The primary focus of this position is to support the internal Deloitte Real Estate project leaders with the financial and administrative activities for their portfolio of projects.
Work you’ll do
Participation in this internship will provide an opportunity to learn about the project financial processes of our real estate projects. The role will develop your analytical, financial reporting and problem solving skills through execution of project financial processes. The candidate will have exposure to real estate capital project budget development in our Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) and be involved in coordinating associated proposal documentation and purchase order requests, invoice and billed to date monitoring and upkeep of project documentation throughout the project life cycle. The position will interact with a cross functional real estate team, including the program manager, our Strategy,
Planning & Operations team, external project managers and real estate project vendors. Key responsibilities of the role:
• Support the real estate project leaders with project set up and maintenance in Deloitte’s IWMS; help drive compliance of associated real estate financial project processes
• Assist with the preparation and entry of project budget requests and supporting materials, monitoring of project budgets, processing of project budget category transfers and maintenance/updating of key financial metrics
• Participate in purchase order processing and issue resolution of purchase orders and support invoice inquires and the administration of construction pay applications as needed
• Assist project team in project close-out procedures
• Support periodic special requests such as targeted cost analysis or specialized cost schedules, fiscal year end activities, audit and internal controls data requests, etc.
The project analyst intern position will be part of the Operations group within the real estate Strategy Planning and Operations (SP&O) team. The Operations group consists of a combined group of project analysts and project financial specialists.
• Candidate for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, accounting, management information systems and/or related subject
• Ability to quickly understand business processes and learn new skills
• Able to prioritize work and keep tasks on plan within established time parameters
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical, listening, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office suite, with intermediate level of experience with Excel
• Strong academic track record (minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA)
How you’ll grow
Throughout the internship program, we want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means a lot of support - both formal and informal - right from the start. Guided by coaches and mentors who can help you to learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities, you'll gain real-world experience working on meaningful projects. Beyond this exposure to “real life” projects, the program also delivers a variety of national and local learning and networking events. Our regularly scheduled learning and networking opportunities are designed to help you develop technical and leadership skills and help you begin building your professional network. Learn more about the internship program.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 29795722 tampa