Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-SENIOR CLERK AT 13-5 TAMPA CENTRAL PROBATION & PAROLE OFFICE)
Salary: $21,532.94 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 03/01/2018
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Open Competitive Advertisement
SENIOR CLERK POSITION
LOCATED AT 13-5 TAMPA CENTRAL PROBATION AND PAROLE OFFICE
IN TAMPA, FLORIDA
Salary will be determined in accordance with current pay procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent in this position is considered to have regulatory responsibilities and is subject to the provisions of Chapter 60L-36, Florida Administrative Code.
The incumbent in this position is expected to become familiar in the Departments reentry initiatives; display leadership skills that demonstrate the Departments commitment to reentry efforts while maintaining a professional demeanor.
The incumbent in this position is expected to perform other duties as necessary.
Specific Duties for Class:
- Performs clerical duties related to ensure COPS data is accurate. Complete Court -Ordered Payment System input (initial account entry) and change forms to assist supervising officers. Review screen print with supervision order for accurate entry. Opens all incoming mail maintaining security on monetary documents and distributes to appropriate staff other mailed matters.
- Conduct Payee ID name search prior to Court-ordered Payment System account entry.
- Completes entry of offender information on appropriate Offender Based Information (OBIS) screens.
- Complete the IT30 initial audit form.
- Performs clerical duties related to all out-going and incoming mail including security of postage meter and day-to-day usage records. Maintains a record of all files returned to the main inactive file room.
- Review the screen print of the sentence structure and compare with the supervision order to verify accurate data entry.
- This position requires specialized fiscal control knowledge and is responsible for processing all payments to the Court-ordered Payment System (COPS) by offenders, at the office or by mail. Issues receipts, completes deposits. Makes required changes to the COPS database to ensure accurate records and audit trail.
- Verifies offender identification number on money order(s) maintains payment logs on each day activity, reconciles payments, receipts and bank deposits. Maintains security of pre-numbered receipt books and monetary documents received in designated area and files on a daily basis receipt log and related data documents to ensure an appropriate audit trail.
- Research Court-ordered Payment System exception for disbursement investigations and update account information as needed.
- Review work of other employees as required.
- Performs incidental typing as required.
- Conduct Offender DC number search to identify previously registered offenders.
- Staff the front receptionist area and answer phones as needed.
Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
Knowledge of correct grammar usage.
Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
Ability to follow instructions.
Ability to communicate effecti
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 47420357 tampa