Agency: Business and Professional Regulations
Working Title: TAX AUDITOR III - DBPR/DIVISION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND TOBACCO *INTERNAL*
Salary: $1,427.40 Biweekly (Inc. CAD)
Posting Closing Date: 09/08/2017
DIVISION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES & TOBACCO
Tax Auditor III
Position Number: 79001091
Hiring Salary: $1,427.40 Biweekly (Including CAD)
*INTERNAL AGENCY - You must be employed by the
Department of Business & Professional Regulation to be considered.*
The Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco licenses the manufacture, distribution, sale, and service of alcoholic beverage and tobacco products in Florida, including: receipt and processing of license applications; collection and auditing of taxes and fees paid by licensees; and enforcement of the laws and regulation of the alcoholic beverage and tobacco industries, pursuant to Chapters 210, 561-565, 567-569, Florida Statutes. Florida has approximately 77,000 active alcoholic beverage and tobacco licenses, permits, and brand registrations. More than 1.6 billion in state revenue is generated annually through activities regulated by the Division. The Division's three bureaus - Licensing, Auditing and Enforcement - comprise a team of approximately 328 personnel fulfilling the regulatory obligations of the Division throughout the state.
**Employees are normally hired at the minimum of the salary range. The salary amount will be determined in accordance with current pay policy**
- Two years of professional auditing or accounting experience
- Must have a valid drivers license
***Information contained in responses to Qualifying Questions concerning education, experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities must also be disclosed on the State of Florida Employment Application.***
Note: Preference will be given to applicants with a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major course of study in accounting or an area of business which includes a minimum of five courses in accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position works in the Division of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco, Bureau of Auditing, Tampa Office. This professional position will be performing complex tax audits of alcohol and tobacco licensed entities, resolving difficult, unusual, or questionable issues in the review and processing of tax documents, and conferring with licensees by telephone, correspondence or in person regarding tax payments.
- Examines and audits purchase and sales documents including receipts, invoices, business records, and related accounting records of wholesale and/or retail establishments to verify accuracy of sales of product to recipients in Florida and to determine tax liabilities.
- Identifies, collects data, and analyzes business transactions between entities. Evaluates evidence of unreported liabilities and then sends a bill the appropriate entity for any unreported tax liabilities.
- Analyzes information entered into database(s) to assure relevancy and comprehensiveness of input for audit and enforcement purposes.
- Consults with or assists taxpayers in the proper means of determining tax liability and submitting monthly reports and tax payments.
- Prepares and submits technical audit reports to supervisor detailing all tax liabilities found and the basis for those liabilities.
- Makes recommendations on tax returns meeting the criteria for further examination through an audit or investigation.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of methods of data collection, verification, and analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting or tax auditing methods, principles, and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer applications as they relate to financial and tax analysis and auditing processes.
- Knowledge of report writing techniques; Ability to collect, compile, summarize, and analyze tax information.
- Ability to utilize financial data to determine tax liabilities, develop audit criteria, and produce audit reports.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Preference will be given to applicants with at least two years of experience of experience at the level of a Tax Auditor II or higher.
Contact Information: Pam Pace (850)717-1116 (e-mail removed)
Applicant Note:If you are the selected candidate for this position and hold a current license through the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, you may be required to place your license in an inactive status.
NOTE: This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) and date of birth in order to conduct this background check.
Applicants are required to apply through the People First system by the closing date, by applying online. All required documentation must be received by the closing date of the advertisement. If you have any questions regarding your application, you may call 1-877-562-7287.
The Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation is committed
to increasing recruitment and hiring of individuals with disabilities and
improving employment outcomes.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must contact the DBPR Human Resources (HR) Office at (850) 487-2074. DBPR requests applicants notify HR in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: (link removed) .
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 40681157 tampa