Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 6:45 PM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of 1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled 528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
In a highly competitive and energetic sales environment, you will make proactive phone calls to New York Life agents to share sales ideas, provide product information and identify New client sales opportunities. Responsibilities include:
* Drive Life Insurance, Annuity and Long Term Care sales by uncovering opportunities and developing relationships with New York Life agents
* Make proactive sales calls to assist agents in understanding/learning sales concepts and ideas
* When necessary, coordinates with agents to assist in calling clients to set appointments for select agents
* Bachelor Degree
* Minimum of 3:5 years of relevant experience
* Life Insurance sales experience
* Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Must understand features and benefits of New York Life products, including Annuity, Life Insurance and Long Term Care.
* High degree of customer service skills are necessary when engaging with agents and/or New York Life clients
* Ability to speak with Agents regarding relevant sales concepts and product positioning
* Understanding of Agency structure, support programs and Agent marketing
Leadership: May provide training to new team members
Problem Solving: Will identify new sales opportunities and share with agents
Decision Making / Nature of Impact: Ability to make recommendations to agents regarding sales opportunities and specific product positioning
Communication Requirements: Strong communication skills a must. Ability to communicate sales ideas to agents in a clear and consise manner.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please Apply at: (212)
*Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See fortune/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
• Location: Tampa
• Post ID: 30388873 tampa