Job Location: Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition:
This position provides IT support to the rapidly changing and constantly innovating Global Investments IT function. Investments IT is seeking a dynamic and experienced technical support lead to provide operational support for MetLife Investments Data, Reporting and Finance platforms. The individual is expected to drive superior business value and enhanced customer experience. This is a very demanding role with an opportunity to collaborate globally with experts in finance, accounting, and data integrity.
- Lead the resolution of critical issues in a variety of data, finance and reporting applications to ensure that operational SLAs are met.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify the root cause of incidents.
- Implement technology enhancements and bug fixes to data, finance and reporting applications.
- Lead optimization initiatives undertaken by the team to streamline operations and enhance customer experience.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the user groups being supported to exceed their service level expectations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, offshore service providers and vendors to drive synergies and deliver solutions.
- Ensure adherence to architectural guidelines and IT risk policies.
- Participate in rotational support to gain the breadth of knowledge across all application areas.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of all production issues.
- Report status and escalate issues and concerns to senior management as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors degree required, major in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred
- Solid technical background with 5+ year demonstrated track record in end-to-end software development life cycle and successful delivery of technical solutions using SQL Server/Oracle and .Net
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of the financial markets including investments management, with a strong desire to expand that knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- High degree of learning capacity and analytical skills
- Accountability and ownership to drive solutions across cross-functional teams
- The ability to get things done and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure environment despite constantly changing priorities
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS/SSRS
- Microsoft SharePoint
- SQL Server
- Tivoli Workstation (TWS)
- Basic application infrastructure and networking concepts
- Fundamental knowledge of data warehousing
- Basic knowledge of investments management
- Basic knowledge of finance
Number of Openings
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 46949312 tampa