If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
A Full Time Employee working with a specific policyholder on behalf of The Standard. This employee will coordinate with the policyholder and the Life, Disability, and/or Leave Management Plans and will act as a claim liaison for The Standard. Assumes responsibility to ensure that information is easily available for the policyholder s HR administrators, as well as the policyholder s employees. Additionally, employee may be utilized to coordinate with Workers Compensation and Return To Work/Stay At Work programs, Premium Administration, and Evidence of Insurability processes.
Assists the policyholder s HR department in the administration of group life, Disability and/or Absence contracts with The Standard, including assisting benefits and/or customer location representatives and insured members with understanding both coverage and benefit features of the plans. Particularly involved in claim updates/reports and interaction possibly between supervisors, department heads and multiple customer locations. Will be responsible for administering claim processes, coordination of death claims, and assisting employees in filing for claims. Responsible for providing reports to the policyholder s benefit and business locations on approved claims, outstanding information requested, and Evidence of Insurability status as needed. Responsible and held accountable for maintaining and protecting personal information of the policyholder s employees.
Acts as a liaison between the policyholder and The Standard. Responds to claim and coverage inquires, including verifying appropriate premium administration. Address customer service issues, claims issues, contract issues and other group life, disability, and Absence related inquiries.
Assists in creating best practices and/or create new processes and/or procedures that best fits the relationship between the policyholder and The Standard. Will be required to learn and have the ability to interpret federal, state and local leave regulations.
Attends training sessions, planning meetings and general customer service meetings.
Develops effective relationships with Human Resources, benefits and payroll staff throughout the policyholder s various locations to ensure a positive customer experience for the employer and employees. Build out process improvements to ensure best practices and efficiency.
Leads or participates in special projects related to the policyholder s life, disability, and Leave plans, as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor s degree in Business and/ or related field.
- FMLA Experience prefereed
- Two to four years of relevant, progressive work experience in the Employee Benefits industry, with an emphasis in customer service, human resources and/or account management. Ability to plan and organize own work to meet changing priorities and diverse customer needs; analyze problems, interpret and apply benefit contract provisions to varied, complex situations; make sound independent judgments; conduct a variety of research using the Internet and/or mainframe computer systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, experience in HRIS systems also preferred.
- Requires customer service skill set that will enable the job holder to handle the sensitive and delicate personal situations of the policyholder s employees that involve leave and disability. Provides timely and thorough responses to inquiries and continuously finds way to improve and promote the service experience.
- Demonstrated skill in written correspondence both through e-mail and formal letter writing. Communicates both verbally and in writing in an articulate, thorough responsive manner.
- Professional certification: FMLI or CEBS preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a computer and keyboard 70% of their shift, converse with internal and external customers on the telephone, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. In addition this position may be required to travel within the United States via car or airplane. Typically requires valid driver s license.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-###-####. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Associated topics: auto, bodily, casualty, claim investigator, claimant, damage, investigate, investigation, liability adjuster, title examiner
• Post ID: 40619472 tampa